Welcome to Bead Crochet Tips and Techniques

Featuring techniques and tips that promote the art of bead crochet. Stringing patterns, tutorials, tools, beads, thoughts and photos. Welcome to all who love beads!

21 September 2010

Class at BeadFest Philadelphia - Shelley Nybakke's Metalsmith's Match

This is the best class I have taken at BeadFest.
Shelley Nybakke's A Metalsmith's Match is stitched in RAW  (right angle weave) with the heavy metal seed beads and Swarovski crystals.  The workshop was 7 hours and I completed most of the bracelet in that time.  Later that evening, when I returned home, I stitched another 3 hours for a total of 10 hours.  Everyone loves this and it is so classic.  I chose the matte gold and antique  copper beads with the turquoise Swarovski crystals.  I had no prior experience with RAW, so the night before the class I studied the thread path by viewing a few tutorials online.  Right Angle Weave may be my new stitching obsession.
Right Angle Weave tutorials:


No comments:

Post a Comment