I purchased a KitchenAid 1.75 quart pan for cooking and decided to read through all the instructions. To my surprise, their was a "Pet Warning" on the front page and I would like to share it with you.
"Fumes from everyday cooking can be harmful to your bird and other small pets, particularly smoke from burning foods. Overheating cooking sprays, oils, fats, margarine and butter will create dangerous fumes which a bird's respiratory system cannot handle. Scorched plastic handles or utensils can also contaminate the air and endanger birds and other pets. Nonstick cookware with polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) coating can also emit fumes harmful to birds. Never allow a pan to overheat and never cook with birds or small pets in ro near the kitchen."
Photo is my dad's bird feeder that a neighbor bought him for a birthday gift. The birds are very vibrant yellow and some are brown. They are his outdoor pets and he loves watching them from his back porch.